A Decision has Been Rendered with Which You are Not Satisfied
You will be informed by mail of the Direction de l’IVAC’s initial decision as to whether your application for benefits has been accepted or rejected. If it has been accepted, you will receive other correspondence throughout the decision-making process.
If you have received a decision letter with which you are dissatisfied, you can request a review or reconsideration by the Direction de l’IVAC’s Administrative Review Board. To do so, you must submit an application for review or reconsideration in writing, using the form issued for that purpose.
As from the date of the decision letter, you have:
- 90 days in which to contest the rate of permanent disability recognized; and
- 30 days in which to contest any other decision.
Review or Reconsideration?
You may file an application for review with the Administrative Review Board regarding the following:
- the eligibility of an application for benefits;
- a temporary total disability;
- the length of time a benefit is paid;
- the amount of a benefit;
- the connection between the injury and the crime; or
- the rate of permanent disability.
You can also file an application for reconsideration with the Administrative Review Board regarding the following:
- medical assistance;
- eligibility for the rehabilitation program and any related decisions (except an inability to return to work); and
The decision rendered pursuant to administrative reconsideration is final and cannot be appealed. The victim/rescuer cannot contest this decision with the Tribunal administratif du Québec.
Dissatisfied with the outcome of your application for review with the Administrative Review Board?
You have 60 days in which to contest the matter before the Administrative Tribunal of Québec.
For questions regarding an application for review, consult the site of the Tribunal administratif du Québec.