This financial assistance is intended for the victim or rescuer who:
- at the time of the health assessment, was employed, working or performing duties that provided him/her with an income or has demonstrated an employment relationship in the 12 months prior to the health assessment and is unable to return to the same type of employment because of the criminal offence
- is a recipient of employment insurance and unable, because of the criminal offence, to return to the same job or occupation that made him or her eligible to receive employment insurance benefits
- is required to change jobs, work or occupation as a result of the criminal offence for which he or she is eligible for financial assistance under the Act
- is prevented from returning to secondary or post-secondary education or reintegrating into employment, work or occupation as a result of the criminal offence
- must give up his or her employment, work or occupation as a result of an aggravation of his or her condition due to the criminal offence
- vocational assessment services
- tuition, subject to prior approval, including:
- program registration and admission fees
- fees for the purchase of required textbooks and supplies
- adaptation of a workstation or other equipment used in the course of employment, subject to prior approval
- relocation to a new workplace
- subsidy to the employer
Yes, in the case of the employer subsidy.
Terms of Payment
Reimbursement of actual costs is made upon receipt of supporting documentation.
Payment for vocational assessment services is made in accordance with the regulations.
Financial assistance must be pre-authorized by the rehabilitation counsellor.