Rescuer: who can receive financial assistance?
Rescuers may receive financial assistance to help them through the difficult times they are experiencing.
In the event that the rescuer dies, the following people may also receive financial aid:
- his/her minor child
- the rescuer's spouse
- the rescuer's dependaent
A dependent of a deceased rescuer is a person for whom the rescuer provided more than 50% of the needs.
Minor children of a rescuer
These are all children under the age of 18.
A spouse is a person who is in any of the following situations:
- is in a marriage or civil union with the rescuer
- has been living together with the rescuer for at least 3 years or is living together with the rescuer and one of the following circumstances exists or has existed:
- a child has been or will be born of that union
- they have jointly adopted a child
- one of them has adopted a child of the other